The dough is simple to prepare, and easy to make ahead! It can be refrigerated until ready to bake, and in fact this makes rolling out the dough easier.
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, using a hand mixer beat the butter until smooth. Add both sugars and continue to beat until smooth.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, add the egg and beat until just combined. Add the apple cider and vanilla and continue beating.
- Add half the flour mixture and beat on low until combined then add the other half.
- Tightly wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll dough into 1 inch round balls, then coat in cinnamon and sugar. Place on baking tray and bake at 350 F for 8 minutes.
- Let cool on a cooling rack.
Other recipes you might like