It's apple season! There are many ways to enjoy them, but we have a special fondness for apple fries. This tasty treat can be made in your air fryer or air fryer oven, crispy and crunchy but with no oil necessary!
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 3 ½ tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large Granny Smith apples
- Caramel sauce, warmed (for dipping)
- Peel and core apples. Cut into wedges approximately ½ inch thick.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, egg, flour, 2 Tbsp sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon and salt. Add apple wedges and stir to coat.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar with 3 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place apple slices in an air fryer basket lined with parchment paper or on a well-oiled air fryer oven rack. For best results, place in a single layer with space around each slice.
- Air fry at 380° F for 5 minutes. Using a pair of rubber-tipped tongs, flip the apple wedges, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Air fry for an additional 3 minutes. Repeat until all apples are done.
- Serve with warm caramel. Enjoy!
Tip: Be sure to use parchment paper or grease your air fryer oven racks for best results.
Other recipes you might like