An American classic made easy in your air fryer oven!
- 2 rolls refrigerated pie crust
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp granulated or raw sugar
- Remove pie crust rolls from the refrigerator and allow to sit out at room temperature while preparing ingredients.
- Peel, core and dice apple. Place in a medium bowl and stir in lemon juice, cinnamon, 1 tbsp sugar and vanilla.
- Unroll pie crusts and line the bottom of an air fryer pie/pizza pan with 1 crust. Fill with apple mix. Slice butter into several pieces and place on top of apples. Place the other pie crust on top. Pinch together top and bottom crust edges to form a seal. Cut off any excess dough. With a knife, make several cuts into the top of the pie crust.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Brush egg wash over the pie crust and sprinkle with 1 tbsp of granulated or raw sugar.
- Place pie pan into the air fryer on the middle wire rack and air fry at 350°F for 25 minutes and until crust is golden brown.
Other recipes you might like