Want a salad but don't want to skip the protein? No meat necessary! This crispy tofu is a healthy, protein-packed topping.
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp sriracha
- garlic sauce
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vegetable oil, sriracha, ginger and garlic. Add cubed tofu and mix gently. Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes. Place tofu on perforated parchment paper (optional) in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry at 400°F for 15 minutes, shaking halfway through.
- While the tofu is cooking, whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and green onions in a large bowl. Add cucumber, carrots, and onions and toss to combine. Set aside to marinate.
- When the tofu is done, toss with marinated vegetables and shredded romaine lettuce and serve.
Other recipes you might like