These donut holes are packed with apple cider flavor.
- 1 cup apple cider, reduced to ½ cup
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 4-6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Spray the silicone mini muffin pan silicone with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the apple cider in a saucepan and bring to a boil for 7-10 minutes or until the cider has reduced to ½ cup. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cooled reduced apple cider, Greek yogurt, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and melted butter until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fill each muffin cavity halfway.
- Bake at 350 F for 8 minutes. Remove silicone mini muffin pan from the Air Fryer, flip each donut and place back in to cook for another 5 minutes.
For the cinnamon sugar coating
- Add the melted butter to a small heatproof bowl and set aside. Start with 4 Tbsp and melt 1-2 more Tbsp of butter if needed.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon until well combined. Take each donut and dunk it in the melted butter, or brush with silicone brush. Then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture making sure to coat well. Repeat until all donuts are coated.
be sure not to over mix the batter once you combine the wet and dry ingredients. You may still see a few lumps in your batter.
Other recipes you might like