This Irish bangers recipe is fairly easy to make and will be a big hit! Bangers and Mash is the familiar term for Sausage and Mash, a favorite British and Irish dish.
- 5-8 sausage links
- Olive Oil
- 3 oz Guinness stout
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Guinness Stout
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 dollops sour cream
- 1 cup water
- Layer water, mesh rack (or wire rack), then potatoes into the inner pot of the pressure cooker. Lock lid and cook on high for 10 minutes. Remove from pot and drain water.
- In a separate bowl, mash potatoes with cream, butter, and sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return inner pot to pressure cooker and select the Saute function. Heat the oil. Add sausages and brown for 8 minutes, flipping halfway and adding stout.
- Lower saute temperature and cook for another 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove sausages.
- Melt butter, then add onions and garlic, cooking until brown. Add flour and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add stout to deglaze the pot. Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer until no longer foamy.
- Plate in order - mashed potatoes, 2 sausage links, gravy drizzle.
- Pair with peas if desired. Enjoy!
Other recipes you might like