The spring and summertime are the perfect seasons to make all of your blackberry recipes like this one! Enjoy this treat with a bowl of fresh blackberries and a cup of cold milk!
- pre-made dough
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 6 oz. blackberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, pour the sugar, cornstarch, water, lemon juice and spices in. Set to medium heat and add in the blackberries Stir frequently and allow it to come to a boil.
- Once it has boiled, stir frequently and then remove from the heat and allow it to cool. The filling will thicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients, mixing well and set aside.
- Roll the premade dough out and roll thin, about ¼ inch thick. Using a circular cookie cutter, cut as many circular shapes as possible. Then, using your finger dip them in milk and brush the perimeter with milk.
- Place 4-5 berries in the center with some juice and fold them in half. Use the prongs on a fork to seal the edges closed. Brush the exterior if the pie pocket with milk. Repeat those steps until your pies are ready to go in the air fryer.
- Spray your air fryer safe toasting rack with cooking spray. Place each pie in each slot of the toasting rack with the filling side down.
- Place the toasting rack in the air fryer basket and air fry at 350°F for 8 minutes. Once they are done baking, safely take the rack out of the air fryer to let them cool. Drizzle them with the glaze and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like