Make carnitas in a pressure cooker! A perfect weeknight dinner, or perhaps even a make-ahead lunch!
- 1 6-7 lb Pork shoulder, cut into chunks
- 3 Lemons - Juice
- Zest of one Lemon
- 1 Onion - chopped
- 8 cloves Garlic - minced
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 3 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 tsp Salt
- Lime juice and chopped Cilantro - serving
- In a large mixing bowl, add Pork, Lemon zest, Garlic, Chili Powder, Cumin, Cinnamon, Oregano, and Salt. Mix well!
- Squeeze Lemon juice into Pressure Cooker Pot
- Add Pork, Onion, and Bay leaf
- Using Manual setting, set Pressure Cooker to High Pressure for 45 minutes
- Let Pressure release naturally, 20-30 minutes
- On a Baking Sheet, place cooked Pork and Shred with two forks
- Broil for 8-10 minutes until slightly crispy
- Garnish with Cilantro + Lime juice and of course, enjoy!
Other recipes you might like