Delightfully sweet and savory, this barbecue rib recipe is sure to please!
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 12 oz can coke
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix the dry rub: add brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper to a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- To prep the baby back ribs, work the silverskin off the ribs in 1 spot. From there, slide your finger under the membrane and the silverskin should pull of very easily,
- To season the ribs, generously season the ribs all over with kosher salt, then sprinkle the dry rub all over the ribs, using your hands to lightly work the rub into the meat.
- Pressure cook the ribs: Add the coke and liquid smoke mixture to the bowl of your pressure cooker. Fit the bowl with its trivet/rack. Place the prepared rack of ribs on the trivet/rack, bending as needed to fit into the bowl. Cover the pressure cooker, securely locking its lid into place and ensuring the vent is turned to its "sealing position.
- Cook on low pressure for 30 minutes. Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally for about 10 minutes before carefully flicking the vent to its "venting" position to allow any residual pressure to release.
- Optional step: broil your ribs in an air fryer oven or conventional oven to make them crispy! Carefully transfer the ribs to a small baking tray if using an air fryer oven.
- Optional step: Select the saute function and let the juices boil and reduce until thick. Add cornstarch if necessary. Baste ribs in bbq sauce, or reserve for future use. Enjoy!
Other recipes you might like