Sweet and crunchy shrimp without the extra calories!
- 1 lb deveined and peeled jumbo shrimp
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten,
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Vegetable oil or coconut oil
- Rinse shrimp under cold water and pat dry with a towel.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Beat eggs in a second bowl. Combine panko and coconut in a third bowl.
- Dip the shrimp into the flour, then the eggs, and then into the coconut mixture, pressing gently. Lightly oil the mesh basket to prevent sticking and add the battered shrimp.
- Air fry at 350°F for 4 minutes. Turn shrimp and continue to cook for 3 minutes or until crispy.
Other recipes you might like