Cold season getting you down? Knock it out fast with this ginger chicken noodle soup!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon of ginger (if you are a fan of ginger, you can add more)
- ¾ cup of Carrots (peeled and sliced) or ½ bag of baby carrots
- 3 Celery (diced)
- ½ bag of pasta Noodles or Macaroni (you can use any kind of pasta noodles or macaroni)
- 2-3 chicken leg quarters or breasts
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ lemon
- Olive Oil
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- Chop the garlic, onions, and ginger into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in the pressure cooker under the Sauté program. Once the oil is hot enough, add in the onions, ginger, and garlic. Sauté for a couple minutes.
TIP: The cooking pot tends to swirl around as you are sautéing the ingredients, use an oven mitt to hold the cooking pot in place.
- Once you are done sautéing, press the “Start/Stop” button to turn the cooker off.
- Add in the chicken broth, water, pasta noodles, chicken, carrots, and celery.
- Squeeze half a lemon into a cup and remove the seeds. Add the juice into the cooker.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place and lock the lid on the pressure cooker and program the timer to one of the times below:
Frozen chicken: 45 minutes
Defrosted chicken: 35 minutes
- Set your knob to “Pressure” and press “START/STOP” to begin cooking.
NOTE: If you are cooking frozen meats, it usually takes a little longer for the cooker to heat up to the set pressure.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like