If you're still looking for that perfect recipe to grill up on Father's Day, here's a recipe of a different flavor than our Wednesday video! Watch along as we walk you through how to make Elotes, also called grilled Mexican street corn. Spicy cayenne, savory queso fresco, tart lime juice, and the natural sweetness of the corn come together to create the ultimate flavor combo! This recipe is also vegetarian and gluten-friendly, and it is sure to be a hit whether you grill them up as a snack by the pool or serve them with dinner. Best of all, you can now make this tasty treat without leaving the comfort of your kitchen with our GoWISE USA Indoor Smokeless Grill or an air fryer. No need to brave the heat. Keep dad cool, comfortable, and happily snacking on this amazing corn!
- 3 ears corn, husked and with silk removed
- 3 oz. queso fresco crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- zest from one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika optional
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, and all the seasonings to make a sauce on a flat dish.
- Grill corn for 2 minutes on each side, 8 minutes total, or until lightly charred. Remove from heat.
- Place queso fresco on a separate plate. Roll your corn first in the creamy sauce, then dab in the queso fresco.
- Top with additional cilantro and paprika (optional)
Other recipes you might like