Sweet and savory meet (or meat!) in this dehydrated snack.
- 1 lb. Lean, thin-cut beef (bottom round, London broil)
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Liquid smoke
- 1/8 tsp Ground clove
- 1/8 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Dark brown sugar
- Open a large 1-Gallon zip-seal bag and fold over the seal for easy ingredient transfer into the bag. Cut the steak into strips(you can use a meat mallet to flatten the beef more if it's too thick), then place into the bag.
- Pour all seasonings into the bag, seal it closed and shake/mix well. Let it marinate in the fridge overnight, or at least for an hour.
- Making sure that they are not touching, place the strips of meat on 2 mesh racks.
- Cook at 160°F degrees for 45 minutes, then rotate the bottom layer of beef to the top rack, and the top rack beef to the base. Cook for an additional 15 minutes (note: cooking it longer can give you a chewier result).
Other recipes you might like