Trust us, if we hadn't been here to watch the broccoli going in, we would never have guessed that these chicken meatballs were actually veggie-chicken meatballs! The flavorful sauce will have your whole family going back for seconds!
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 ½ cups cooked broccoli, finely chopped
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp soy sauce, divided
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp fresh grated ginger, divided
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- Sesame seeds or fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli, bread crumbs, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp of ginger, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and the egg. Mix well. Form into 2-inch meatballs. Place these onto your air fryer oven’s greased mesh racks.
- Air fry for 20 minutes at 350°. For best results, the rack position twice during the cooking cycle, ensuring that each rack spends some time on each of the three rack levels.
- While your meatballs are cooking, mix the cornstarch and water together to form a slurry.
- Add chicken broth, ½ cup soy sauce, 1 Tbsp grated ginger, sherry, sesame oil, sugar, and oyster sauce to saucepan. Whisk together and bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mix slowly, whisking to combine. Let simmer over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Toss the air fried meatballs with sauce to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds or parsley. Enjoy!
Other recipes you might like