This dinnertime dish goes perfectly with crispy bread, coleslaw, collard greens, potato salad and more!
- 5 cups water
- 1 bottle of beer, 12 oz.
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1.5 lbs. small red potatoes, about 10
- 3 stalks of celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bag of frozen corn on the cob, about 12 mini ears
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 1 lb. Hillshire Farms turkey kielbasa
- 2 lbs. uncooked large shrimp in shells, deveined and thawed
- In your slow cooker, add the water, beer, bay leaves and old bay seasoning. Stir well until combined.
- Cut the potatoes into smaller chunks if they are large. Add the potatoes, celery, onion, corn and garlic to the mixture.
- Squeeze the lemons over the top and add the squeezed halves to the pot.
- Cover and slow cook for 4 hours. After 4 hours, add in the shrimp and kielbasa to the pot.
- Carefully stir to combine and cook for an additional 40 minutes to 1 hour, or until the shrimp has turned pink.
- Drain the mixture into a large rimmed dish and save some of the liquid for dipping crusty bread.
Other recipes you might like