This tapanade can be served immediately or stored for a rainy (delicious!) day using the canning function on our pressure cookers.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta green olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- In food processor or mortar & pestle grind garlic cloves.
- Add in olives and grind/process until desired consistency.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar. Stir.
- Serve immediately or use your pressure cooker to can the mixture.
- If canning, pour mixture into canning jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Cover jars with lids and bands and tighten just until finger tight.
- Place rack into Pressure Cooker with jars spaced evenly, not touching each other.
- Lock lid. Select the Canning preset and adjust time down to 20 minutes. When it beeps, use the quick release to release pressure.
Let sit for 12 hours, then check the lids for tight seals. Top that pops - do not use. Top that does not pop - good to use. Let sit on your kitchen counter-top undisturbed for 24 hours. Store in pantry.
Other recipes you might like