Tasty, adorable, and so very easy - this recipe has it all! The warm gooey insides and flaky crust are a winning combination, and who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate?
- Refrigerated pie crust
- 7 peanut butter cups, finely chopped
- A pinch of cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- White sugar, for sprinkling
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crust until it is approximately ⅛ of an inch thick. Using either a cookie cutter or with a small knife, cut out football shapes in the dough.
- Spoon approximately 1 tbsp of chopped peanut butter cups into the center of the football. Brush the edges lightly with water, then place another dough football on top. Use a fork to crimp the pies closed.
- Beat together eggs and cocoa powers. Brush the egg wash over the top of each football to cover completely, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut small strips from dough to create “laces”. Affix these to the top of each football.
- Bake in your air fryer oven for 5 minutes at 370° F. Rotate rack position if using air fryer oven, then bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Other recipes you might like