Did you know your pressure cooker can even make bread?! So if you're stuck at home and craving some carbs, never fear. We can show you how! All you need is some basic baking ingredients and an empty can. The bread that this recipe produces is quite soft. If you're looking for something crispier, try throwing it in the air fryer once it's done!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cup milk + 1¼ tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Place the pressure cooker rack into the inner pot. Add water.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and soured milk. Stir to combine, knead if needed.
- Insert dough into a lightly oiled empty can.
- Cover with foil, folding a pleat for possible expansion. Use twine to secure the foil to the can.
- Lock the lid of the pressure cooker, seal the valve, cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for at least 10 minutes.
- Release remaining pressure, remove the lid and take the can out to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the bread from the can.
- Slice and serve OR place on a hot, oiled skillet to add a crunch.
Other recipes you might like