These Pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are the perfect fall treat. This is a warm and cozy recipe that your whole family will fall in love with!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup regular milk or dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, with hand mixers beat together the softened butter with the brown sugar and white sugar.
- Add in the egg yolk, vanilla and pumpkin and beat in to combine. (Blot the canned pumpkin with paper towels if you notice it is overly watery).
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, quick oats, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and preferably 1 hour. (This is a crucial step and if skipped your cookies will likely spread like a pancake.)
- Preheat the air fryer oven to 350°F.
- Once the dough has been chilled, spray your baking pan with a nonstick spray, or use one of our parchment paper liners.
- Roll two small balls of dough and the press together one cookie dough ball on top of the other to create one tall piece without flattening. This forms a tallish, almost vertical rectangle shape - this helps the cookies have that crisp exterior and chewy interior.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes or until very lightly browned at the bottom/sides.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before removing them to a wire cooling rack.
- This is optional but huge for appearance: press in additional chocolate chips into the tops of each of the cookies as soon as you remove them from the oven.
- Dunk these delicious cookies in a glass of cold milk and enjoy with friends and family!
Other recipes you might like