If you're looking for something to get you in the Independence Day spirit without costing a great deal of time or money, then you should give these deviled eggs a try! A dozen eggs take only minutes in our GoWISE Ovate Pressure Cooker, and you can make these ahead of time to munch on while watching fireworks.
- 6 eggs
- Red food coloring (10 drops)
- Blue food coloring (10 drops)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 scant tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- a splash of hot sauce Frank's Red Hot is my favorite
- salt & pepper to taste
- paprika to garnish
- Pour water into the inner pot of the pressure cooker.
- Place the egg holder into the pot, fill with eggs.
- Lock the lid and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Remove the eggs and immediately submerge in ice water. When cooled, remove the shells.
- In a large bowl, mix water and blue food coloring until a deep blue color is achieved. Submerge the eggs in the colored water and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Cut in half to remove the yolks. Combine yolk, mayo, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Add red food coloring until the desired shade of red is achieved.
- Using a pastry bag, fill it with the yolk mixture and pipe into the center holes of the halved egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve cold.
Other recipes you might like