Hummus is always a delicious snack, and a good source of protein! Make your own using an air fryer and blender.
- 1 bulb of garlic cloves, separated and unpeeled
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- can of tinned chickpeas in water
- 2 tbsp light tahini
- sea salt
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat air fryer oven to 350°F. Place the separated, unpeeled garlic cloves into a small oven-safe dish. Cover in 2 tbsp olive oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and leave to cool for 1 hour. While you wait, drain and rinse the chickpeas well and remove any skins they might have. Place the chickpeas into the blender. Squeeze the cooled roasted garlic into the blender, as well.
- Then, add in the remaining olive oil, tahini, sea salt, white pepper, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of water. Blend until creamy. Add more water if needed and garnish with chopped parsley and an extra drizzle of olive oil. Serve with your desired crackers or chips.
Other recipes you might like