Tomatillos not only have an amazing flavor, but they add a vibrant green color to any of your recipes!
- 4-6 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- Cut the tomatillos and jalapeno in half and place in the air fryer baking pan with the 2 unpeeled cloves of garlic. Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle on half of the salt. Use tongs to toss the ingredients before placing the baking pan in the air fryer.
- Air fry at 400°F for 8-10 minutes. Halfway through, mix the ingredients with tongs to prevent burning.
- When the air fryer beeps, remove the baking pan carefully using oven mitts.
- While ingredients cool, coarsely chop ¼ of an onion and add to a blender.
- Remove the skins from the garlic cloves and the stem from the jalapeno. Then add the tomatillos, peppers and garlic to the blender.
- Add remaining salt, cilantro, and lime juice and blend to desired consistency.
Other recipes you might like