Don't knock it till you've tried it! Salmon jerky had a ton of health benefits
- 1 1/4 lb. salmon, skin and bones removed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- For easy slicing, place salmon in freezer for 30 min.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, molasses, lemon, pepper, and liquid smoke. Set aside.
- Remove salmon from the freezer and slice the salmon in 1/4 inch thick slices length-wise. Then, slice the lengths in 3-4 inch long pieces, depending on the size of your filet.
- Place the salmon in a one-gallon zipper bag and pour marinade over salmon. Seal bag and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Strain salmon well in colander. Pat dry with paper towels. Lay salmon slices on the mesh racks in rows, making sure pieces are not touching.
- Place trays in dehydrator at 145°F for 3-4 hours. Salmon jerky is done when salmon is dry and chewy, but not crunchy.
Other recipes you might like