This recipe is the perfect vegan option for those still wanting to enjoy chicken wings. They can be enjoyed as an afternoon snack, game day appetizer or party sample
- 1 head of cauliflower, small
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- chopped scallions, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Remove the florets from the cauliflower. Then, chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces to resemble the size of wings.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the batter ingredients together, except for the breadcrumbs. Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl and line it up besides the batter bowl.
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter mixture one at a time, shaking off the excess batter. Then, dip the cauliflower into the breadcrumbs to coat completely. Place the wings in an air fryer safe baking pan in your air fryer basket. Repeat these steps until all of the wings are coated.
- Air fry for 22 minutes. While the wings are cooking, combine all the sauce ingredients together and whisk until blended well.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer and place on a serving plate. Using a pastry brush, brush the sauce onto the wings and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer, serve immediately and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like