Sometimes, the need for junk food overpowers you. Make that cheat day count with these sloppy joe fries, which marries two classic American dishes into a single bowl of perfection.
- 1 large onion
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Chop 1 large onion
- Using a stovetop or pressure cooker, roast garlic topped with olive oil at 350° F
- Smash roasted garlic into paste
- For this recipe, we used one of our pressure cookers. At this step, saute onions using olive oil.
- After the onions have cooked a little, add the mashed garlic, tomato puree, and ground beef.
- After the meat is browned, add 1 cup of canned tomatoes and spices.
- Set aside. Time to make the fries!
- Peel 3 russet potatoes and chop into skinny wedges
- Coat french fries with some olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Add coated potatoes into air fryer.
- Cook at 400° F for 8 minutes
- After the 8 minutes take the basket out and shake fries carefully.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 400° F
- Place toppings on fries and cheese (optional)
Other recipes you might like