This summertime recipe has that sweet, tangy and savory explosion we are all looking for!
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 can pineapple chunks, juices reserved
- 1 can crushed pineapple, juices reserved
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the butter into your Pressure Cooker and melt it using the Saute setting. Add in the chicken and sear both sides for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain excess fat and set chicken aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar, Sriracha, garlic and ginger.
- Place the chicken thighs in your Pressure Cooker. Stir in pineapple juice mixture and top with pineapple chunks, crushed pineapple and reserved juices.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, basting every few hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ¼ cup water and cornstarch. Stir in cornstarch mixture, bell pepper and onion into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30-60 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and parsley and serve immediately.
Other recipes you might like