For how elegant these look, you'll be amazed at how easy it is to make a quick batch of these soft pretzels! But there's no need to preheat your oven. These savory beer pretzels can be made in your air fryer oven or air fryer! Try them with beer cheese dip or any of your other favorite pretzel dips.
- 12 oz beer
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 oz unsalted butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups baking soda
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- Salt for topping
- Vegetable oil for bowl
- Warm beer to 110°-115° F.
- In a stand mixer with the dough hook attached or a medium bowl, add warm beer, sugar, salt, and sprinkle yeast on top. Allow the mixture to sit for about 5 minutes, or until it starts to get foamy.
- Add butter and flour. Set mixer to low to medium speed. Mix the dough until combined.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and knead for 4-5 minutes. Alternatively, knead by hand for 4-5 minutes.
- Coat a clean bowl with oil or cooking spray. Form dough into a ball and place into the bowl, turning once to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and a tea towel, then set aside to rise for about 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly oiled surface and divide into 8 pieces. Flatten into a rectangle, then roll into a cigar shape. Pinch seams together. Roll the dough out into a 24-inch rope. Shape pretzels by bringing the two ends of the rope up to form a "U" shape. Twist the two end pieces around each other twice, then cross the end pieces back down to the bottom of the "U" to complete the pretzel shape.
- Bring the water and breaking soda to a boil. Add pretzels 2 at a time to the boiling water. Allow them to boil for 30 seconds, then remove and place on wire racks.
- Brush each pretzel with egg mixture and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400°, or until browned. Enjoy!'
Other recipes you might like