Feel like trying something new? Test out this oxtail soup! This dish is popular in China, Indonesia, and Korea, and once you try it, you'll see why!
- 3 lbs. oxtail
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, whole
- 15 g ginger
- 1 tbs salt
- 3 tbs cooking wine (sherry)
- 14 oz. tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- vegetable oil
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 5 peppercorns
- Boil oxtail, 5 grams of fresh ginger, and sherry for about 5 minutes.
- In the inner pot, add water until it reaches the halfway point (a little more is okay), and transfer the oxtail into the inner pot.
- Add 5 peppercorns, 2 bay leaves, 10 grams of fresh ginger, and 3 green onions to the inner pot.
- Lock the lid in place and select the meat/stew preset.
- Time to make tomato sauce! Take out your blender for this part.
- Add 1 whole tomato and 14 oz. of tomato paste into a blender.
- Blend on medium until smooth.
- Now on a stove top, saute chopped onion until soft and slightly brown. Once they are brown, transfer onion to a bowl.
- On the same pan, saute 3 chopped tomatoes on high until soft. Be careful to not burn the tomatoes!
- Add tomato sauce and saute for 2-3 more minutes.
- Back to the pressure cooker, use the quick release button to release pressure.
- Add cooked tomatoes and sauce, cooked onion, potatoes, and salt. Close the lid.
- Select "veggies" preset. Once the preset is done, you are ready to eat!
- Pour and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like