This delicious and quick turkey dinner is perfect for Thanksgiving! Try it out today! Omit the gravy for a dairy-free version.
- 6-7 lbs bone-in turkey breast, thawed
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 carrot, cut in half
- 2 celery stalks, cut in half
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbs. fresh rosemary, choppe
- 1 tbs. fresh thyme
- 1 tbs. fresh sage
- 4 tbs. butter
- Cooking liquid from turkey
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. flour
- Peel and cut onion in half
- Slice 2 stalks of celery in half
- Peel carrot and cut in half
- Gather Rosemary, Thyme, & Sage in a small bowl
- Crush or mince 3 cloves of garlic
- Pour 4 cups of chicken broth into pressure cooker
- Place all chopped vegetables and garlic into steamer rack inside pressure cooker
- Fold sheets of tin foil to create handles for steamer rack. This is so you can lift the turkey out with ease.
- Pat down the 6-7 lb. turkey breast before seasoning.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place gathered herbs and butter under turkey breast's skin
- Place turkey in pressure cooker, above the steamer rack
- Tuck foil handles into pot before closing lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- While you wait for the turkey, it's time to make the gravy
- Saute 2 tbs. of butter and flour until browned.
- Add broth, lower to a simmer and whisk until thick.
- Back to the turkey
- After the timer has gone off, use the quick pressure release button
- Place turkey breast on pan and broil until skin is golden brown
- Slice up and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like