Getting a little sick of instant ramen? Need to make use of a chicken carcass? Upgrade your dinner with the Ovate pressure cooker! Rather than packaged seasonings, we'll show you how to make a flavorful homemade chicken bone broth! This recipe is packed with veggies, as well!
- 8 cups water
- Chicken bones
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups broth
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Green onions, white ends chopped, green ends cut in thirds
- ½ Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- 2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Assorted mushrooms
- Shredded carrot
- Shredded cabbage
- Place chicken bones and onions into the mesh rack or steam rack accessory. Place into the inner pot of the pressure cooker. Cover with water (approx. 8 cups)
- Lock the lid and manually set the timer for 1.5 hours at high pressure. Do a quick release when cooking cycle is complete.
- Strain with a fine strainer.
- Remove all broth from the pressure cooker then select the saute function.
- Heat vegetable oil, then add the whites of the green onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add 4-6 cups of broth and chopped chicken to the inner pot. Stir until boiling.
- Add vegetables, ramen noodles, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Stir until ramen is cooked.
- Serve hot with soft-boiled egg.
Other recipes you might like