Get prepped for Father's Day! Nothing says "I love you" like a home-cooked meal. And what could be better than grilling and staying in the air conditioning all at the same time? Use your air fryer oven to grill up these tasty burgers without ever leaving the comfort of the indoors. This recipe can easily be converted to be keto and gluten-friendly by omitting the sesame seed buns! Everyone wins!
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1/2 of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 stalk of green onions, chopped
- olive oil
- fresh ground cracked black pepper
- 4 sesame seed buns (swap for lettuce for keto/gluten-friendly version)
- Barbecue sauce (optional)
- Sliced tomatoes (optional)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Sliced onions (optional)
- Lay the bacon onto your air fryer oven mesh tray. Cook for 8 minutes at 370° F.
- Remove bacon from oven and set aside to cool. Roughly chop your bacon.
- Prepare your hamburgers. In a medium sized bowl, combine hamburger meat, cheese, green onions, bacon, a drizzle of olive oil, and pepper to taste. Mix together until ingredients are just combined. Divide into 4 equal burgers.
- Preheat your air fryer oven (and, if using the Ultimate, your grill plate) to 450° F.
- Grill for 5 minutes at 450° F. Flip, then grill an additional 5 minutes.
- (optional) Place your sesame seed buns on a mesh rack and add to the oven during the last 2 minutes of the cycle to lightly toast them.
- Assemble with desired toppings.
Other recipes you might like