This recipe is not for the faint of heart! Have no fear, though. While they may look rather scary, these pseudo-bat wings (actually chicken wings) are both tasty and seasonally appropriate!
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp black food coloring
- 3 lb whole chicken wings
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and black food coloring in a bowl. Add the chicken wings. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 6-24 hours.
- Spritz wire racks literally with cooking spray. Place wings in a single layer on baking racks, and place baking racks into air fryer oven. Air fry for 10 minutes at 400° F.
- Combine honey and apple cider vinegar to form glaze. Using a pair of tongs, flip wings and brush liberally with honey glaze. (Optional. To skip this step, combine with other ingredients in step 1)
- Return to oven for 10 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Other recipes you might like