Let's be completely honest here. This was not an easy one to make, so if you decide to take this challenge please take it slow and remember it's okay to make mistakes. Also, if you feel like you've mastered the recipe, please let us know! Beignet means fritter or doughnut in French. They are deep fried pastries with a hollow center and they are delicious. Bring the taste of New Orleans to your home with this recipe!
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tsp active yeast
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 6 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of shortening
- powdered sugar, for topping
- In a bowl, add 2 cups of warm water and 2 tsp of active yeast. Blend to combine.
- Add 1/3 cup of white sugar, 1 tsp salt, 2 eggs, and 1 cup of evaporated milk. Blend to combine.
- Slowly add in 2 cups of flour, mixing between each addition.
- Add 1/4 cup of shortening.
- Slowly add in remaining 4 cups of flour. Mix well.
- Dust countertop with flour. Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick and cut into desired size.
- Place parchment paper into air fryer.
- Brush each side of the beignets with vegetable oil.
- Place beignets in air fryer. Air fry for 5 minutes at 320°F.
- Add powdered sugar on top and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like