These Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes are so flavorful and creamy and make for a great lunch or dinner. They also would be perfect to make during meal-prep on a Sunday night. This recipe is nutritious and filling, the best part? They are gluten-free, and easy to put together for a Whole30 or Paleo weeknight dinner recipe.
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 4 large or 8 small sweet potatoes
- 2 green onions
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp hot sauce (like frank's hot sauce)
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wash sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork. Place on air fryer racks, bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt. Place on the rack. Bake for 15 additional minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, hot sauce, ranch dressing, garlic powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Thinly slice two green onions and mix into your sauce.
- Remove chicken and sweet potato from the air fryer. Let your chicken cool slightly. Shred chicken, either by hand with two forks or with a stand or hand mixer. In a small bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients until smooth. Pour over chicken and add white and light green parts of sliced green onions. Stir until well combined.
- When sweet potatoes are soft, remove from air fryer and slice down the middle carefully. Push ends in, using a towel or potholder to protect your hands, to open the sweet potato a little. Stuff with buffalo chicken mixture and top with more ranch dressing and garnish with dark green parts of sliced green onions. Enjoy!
Other recipes you might like