For those craving Chinese food, make your own version at home! No need to worry about a mountain of dishes. With our Ovate Pressure Cooker, you can make the whole dish in just one pot! Skip takeout and learn how to make this recipe with only a handful of simple ingredients.
- 3-4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 package frozen peas & carrots
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Select the Saute preset. When hot, add 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Add eggs and scramble, remove on to a plate when done.
- Add frozen veggies and stir until warmed through. Remove from the inner pot.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Place chicken in a single layer into the pressure cooker, leaving undisturbed for 2 min. Add garlic and onion and continuously stir for 2-3 min.
- Add rice, stir to combine, then add the chicken stock. Scrape the sides of the inner pot.
- Lock the lid, seal the valve, and select the Rice preset. Adjust the time to 12 minutes. Let pressure naturally release for 5 min.
- Release the remaining pressure, remove the lid and fluff the rice.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, eggs, and veggies. Stir to combine.
- Serve warm.
If doubling the recipe, add only ½ cup of chicken stock instead of a full cup.
Other recipes you might like