Fresh berry jam makes a wonderful present for anyone on your Christmas list... or maybe keep it for yourself!
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (I used fresh strawberries I previously froze)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tsp. butter (to prevent foaming)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 box Sure Jell (powdered pectin)
- 4 cups sugar
- Turn stove-top on to high heat. Place a large stock pot on burner and add butter, strawberries, cranberries, spices and Sure Jell.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Add sugar and return to a rolling boil (one that doesn't stop while stirring), stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove stock pot from heat and ladle jam into canning jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Cover jars with lids and bands and tighten just until finger tight.
- Place rack into Pressure Cooker with jars spaced evenly, not touching each other.
- Lock lid. Select the Canning preset and adjust time down to 20 minutes. When it beeps, use the quick release to release pressure.
Other recipes you might like