Think using frozen corn dogs is the only method for making them in an air fryer? Think again! This easy recipe will show you how to make these better-for-you corn dogs at home! Tip: try them as corn dog bites, too!
- 3/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (plus some extra on a plate for coating hot dogs)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8-12 hot dogs
- 8-12 wooden skewers
- Spray cooking oil
- Combine dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk. Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the batter to a tall drinking glass. Grease the mesh rack with cooking spa. Or use perforated parchment paper, if available.
- Dry the hot dogs with a paper towel. Roll in flour, lightly coating. Stick the skewer into the hotdog then submerge in the batter. Place the hot dogs onto the mesh rack and cook for 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Cool before serving.
Other recipes you might like