If you've never thought about putting watermelon on the grill, then you've got to try this! Enjoy the sweet, juicy crunch of watermelon, now with that extra sear on the outside. Coupled with some arugula and feta cheese and you have the makings of a delicious appetizer, or a light lunch!
- ½ large watermelon
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 2 cups arugula
- Balsamic reduction, for drizzle
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Turn on the smokeless indoor grill and set to high heat.
- Cut the watermelon into 3” triangles, removing the rinds.
- Spray the grill with oil, then place the watermelon onto the grill. Let cook for 3 minutes per side, or until both sides have a char.
- In a medium bowl, combine the arugula with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Layer one slice of watermelon with 2 Tbsp crumbled feta, a handful of arugula, then top with another slice of watermelon.
Other recipes you might like