Now that summer is here so is grilling season! On those hot summer nights when you don't want to go outside these Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers are going to be your go-to!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 yellow red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes
- green onions for garnish
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch mixture to make a slurry. Slowly whisk into the sauce mixture.
- Bring to boil and boil about 1-3 minutes until the mixture just starts to thicken. Remove from heat and reserve ¼ cup of the sauce for later.
- Once cooled, marinate the chicken in the sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread the chicken, peppers, red onion, and pineapple onto skewers and insert skewers into the skewer plate.
- Pair the CHICKEN preset with the ROTISSERIE function and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the reserved sauce. Garnish with green onions if desired.
Other recipes you might like