It doesn't get more classic than tomato soup, or more versatile. Serve it as as a appetizer for a larger meal, serve it with a grilled cheese sandwich for a the ultimate comfort food lunch, or eat it alone for a light dinner. No need to slave over the stove, though! With the GoWISE Heated Blender, you can make this dish easily whilst also saving gas or electricity!
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes
- Combine olive oil, garlic, and onion in the heated blender. Select the soup preset and let heat. Let cook for about 5 min or until onions are translucent, select the chop function every 1-2 minutes.
- Add oregano, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, half and half. Let heat fully (about 5-10 minutes)
- Select the manual setting and adjust the speed to 8. Let blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve warm with olive oil garnish and bread.
Other recipes you might like