This summertime recipe gives a different twist on the usual hot dog in a bun dish. The original recipe called for bell peppers and pineapple to achieve that sweeter taste. We went a different route and utilized jalapenos instead.
- 1 package Beef Franks, 14 oz.
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 jalapenos, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- cheddar cheese, for sprinkling
- Cut each beef frank crosswise into halves and set aside.
- Place the bacon in a single layer in the air fryer basket with perforated parchment paper (optional). Air fry at 400°F for 2 minutes. Once they are done cooking, cut each bacon slice crosswise into halves.
- Wrap 1 piece of bacon around 1 piece of beef frank. Alternately thread 1 bacon-wrapped frank with 1 piece of jalapeno and bell pepper onto each skewer. Brush each skewer with barbecue sauce.
- Place the hot dog kebabs on perforated parchment paper (optional) in the air fryer basket and air fry at 375°F for 10 minutes, checking on them halfway through. Once they are done cooking, brush them with extra barbecue sauce, sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like