Spicy and sweet! This cornbread is the perfect side to chili or BBQ!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- ½ cup jalapeños, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, butter, and oil. Add the ingredients from the medium bowl into the large bowl and mix well.
- Cut the jalapeños into finely chopped pieces and grate the cheese. Add these into the large bowl as well.
- Oil the bottom of a shallow baking pan before adding the cornbread batter.
- Add the batter halfway into the pan and place in the Air Fryer Oven. Bake at 350°F for 7 minutes, take out and rotate pan, and place back in for another 7 minutes.
- Stick a toothpick in the center to make sure it’s completely done before eating .
Other recipes you might like