Enjoy this delicious skewer recipe with chicken, peppers and onions marinated in a zesty and tangy Asian marinade.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 scallions, chopped
Korean BBQ Marinade:
- ¼ cup red onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
Korean BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup Korean BBQ Marinade
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- Cut chicken into chunks and place in a mixing bowl.
- Grate the red onion and fresh ginger and mince the garlic.
- Whisk together the red onion, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, red wine vinegar and and chili-garlic sauce to make the marinade.
- Pour the marinade, reserving 1 cup, over the chicken and refrigerate the chicken for 2 hours.
- Then, take the remaining cup of marinade and place it in a small pot and cook over medium heat. Bring it to a boil, stirring often and then allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch and water into a slurry texture and add to the marinade and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the BBQ sauce to cool.
- Core and seed the red pepper and cut into chunks.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and alternate the chicken and red pepper chunks onto the skewers.
- Then, grill 6-8 minutes on each side. Brush the extra BBQ sauce on during grilling. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and chopped scallions onto the skewers and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like