These traditional Mexican skewers are also known as Alambres. They are simple, because they only include a few ingredients, like onion, green peppers, bacon and beef! If you aren’t fond of beef, utilize another choice of meat, like chicken or pork.
- 1 ½ lb. rib eye, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ½ Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ medium white onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 thick slices of bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, place the meat, salt, pepper and vegetable oil and toss to mix together.
- Thread the meat and vegetables onto the skewers, starting with the onion, green pepper, bacon, meat, red pepper and onion again. Repeat until all of the ingredients are on skewers.
- Using your Air Fryer Oven, place your skewers in the appliance and use the rotisserie setting.
- Air fry the skewers at 400°F for 10 minutes. Serve with warm tortillas, spicy salsa and creamy guacamole!
Other recipes you might like