Monkey Bread is the perfect pastry that you can enjoy for a breakfast snack or an evening dessert!
- 3 Tbsp natural sweetener
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened whey protein powder
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup natural sweetener
- 1 Tbsp xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
Maple Pecan Sauce:
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown natural sweetener
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F and grease an air fryer safe baking pan with cooking spray
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 3 tbsp of natural sweetener and ground cinnamon. Whisk until blended and set aside.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine the milk and apple cider vinegar together and set aside.
- For the dough, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, protein powder, natural sweetener, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt until blended. Then, cut the butter into cubes and add to the dry ingredients. Cut in with a fork or blender until flour looks like corn meal.
- Add the vanilla and eggs in and mix until well combined. Then, add the almond milk/apple cider vinegar mixture in and stir until dough is uniform and can be rolled into balls.
- Use a cookie scoop and roll the dough gently into a ball shape and continue until you have rolled all the dough up.
- Then, roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar-coating mixture and place in the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle 2-3 tbsp of leftover cinnamon/sugar coating over the top of the dough in the baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- While the Monkey Bread is cooking, make the maple pecan sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Stir in the brown natural sweetener, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and pecans. Stir until the natural sweetener is dissolved and set aside.
- When the Monkey Bread is done, allow it to sit in the baking pan for about 10 minutes before turning it out onto a serving dish or plate. Then, drizzle with maple pecan sauce and serve immediately.
Other recipes you might like