It's the age-old question. Mozzarella sticks or onion rings? No need to choose! With this recipe, you can have both at once!
- 1 onion
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Mozzarella sticks
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup corn flakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Slice the onion.
- Pour the milk and lemon juice into a glass dish or shallow bowl.
- Soak onion rings in the milk mixture for 1 hour.
- Slice mozzarella cheese into quarters.
- Place the cheese inside of a large onion ring, then add a smaller onion ring to the middle. The cheese should be tucked between the two onion rings.
- Mix together cornmeal, cornflakes, and flour in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Dip the onion rings into the egg, then coat thoroughly in the crumb mixture.
- Air fry at 400° for 5 minutes. Flip the rings, then cook five additional minutes.
Other recipes you might like