These creepy confections have a surprise inside! By hiding a green gummy candy in each of these cookies, we give the final product a gooey "slime" center.
- 1 ½ cups salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup baking powder
- Black food coloring
- 32 green gummy candies
- Edible eye candies OR white icing and black sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together room temperature butter and sugar until well combined and slightly fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, cocoa, and baking powder gradually, continuing to mix until well incorporated.
- Make balls of dough about 2 Tbsp in size. Break in half and add gummy candy. Seal edges back together.
- Cover wire racks with tinfoil. Perforate to allow air flow. Place dough balls about 2 inches apart. If using, add candy eyes to the top of each.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350°. Allow to cool slightly. Decorate with icing and sprinkles, if needed. Enjoy!
Other recipes you might like