If you're doing the keto diet or simply craving a bit of comfort food, this recipe is for you! Try this crispy chicken and cheese with a southwest kick. Lots of fun to make with kids! Easily customize this dish by swapping in your favorite cheese, or leaving out the hatch chiles for picky eaters.
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chunk cheese of choice, cut into 2-inch x 1/2-inch sticks
- 2 heaping Tbsp hatch chiles
- cayenne powder
- Flour your work surface, then flatten your chicken breasts using a meat tenderizer to approximately ¼ thick.
- Mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and a pinch each of salt, cayenne, and cumin in a bowl.
- Dust flattened chicken breasts with flour. Dredge your chicken first in melted butter, then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place one stick of cheese and 1 heaping Tbsp on each chicken breast, then roll them up and tuck the ends in. Secure with at least one toothpick (minimum 3 recommended).
- Place in air fryer basket/on air fryer oven rack. Cook for 15 minutes at 400° F.
- Allow to cool 2-3 minutes before consuming. Enjoy!
Other recipes you might like