These are known for being the most traditional skewers in China. Utilizing lamb for any recipe is ideal, because it is high in protein, vitamins and minerals. If you aren’t fond of lamb, feel free to replace them with chicken or beef.
- 1 Tbsp red chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp cumin seed
- 2 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 ¼ lbs. lamb shoulder chops, cut into 1 inch pieces and bones discarded
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pale dry sherry
- In a mortar and pestle grinder, coarsely grind the chili flakes, cumin and fennel. Add the granulated garlic and kosher salt and briefly grind to break into smaller pieces. Thoroughly combine the ingredients together.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the spice mix in a small bowl. In a large bowl, add the lamb slices in and toss thoroughly with the remaining spice mix, oil and wine.
- Place the seasoned lamb slices onto the skewers and place in the Air Fryer Oven. Using the Rotisserie setting, air fry the skewers at 340°F for 10 minutes.
- When the skewers are nearly cooked through, sprinkle the reserved spice mix (optional) on them and let them finish cooking.
- Remove the skewers from the oven and serve immediately.
Other recipes you might like