Healthy? Check. Cheap? Check. Easy? Double check. Learn how to make this recipe without dirtying a bunch of dishes. All you need is some measuring utensils, a spoon to stir with, and a GoWISE Pressure Cooker
- 12 oz rigatoni pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly slices
- 2 yellow squash (appx 1 lb)
- 2 zucchini squash (appx 1.5 lbs)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Add 4 quarts of salted water and rigatoni to your pressure cooker and lock the lid. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes, then allow to naturally depressurize for 5 minutes.
- Release the remaining pressure. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of pasta water. Set aside. Replace the pot in the pressure cooker body.
- Activate the sauté function on your pressure cooker. Heat oil. Add the garlic and cook until it is lightly browned along the edges, about 4 minutes. Add squash and season with salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the squash is jammy and soft, about 12-15 minutes. Toss in red pepper flakes
- Add in pasta and pasta water. Toss in lemon juice and most of the basil.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese and remaining pepper. Sprinkle with more red pepper flakes to taste. Enjoy!
Other recipes you might like